County, State,National Election Information
For more Election information, including information on County, State and National elections, see the links shown to the right.
The Galveston Votes site give details of polling locations and times for all elections within the county.
Voting By Mail
Click here to get information on voting by mail.
To vote in Galveston County, you must be registered. Simply pick up a voter registration application, fill it out, and mail it at least 30 days before the election date. Get your application here. Voter registration application forms are also available at City Hall, 1401 Hwy 146, or by calling 281-334-1611. You are eligible to register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 18 years old on Election Day;
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
Are you already registered?
To confirm your voter registration status, you may select one of three methods to perform a search:
- Your Texas driver’s license number, if you provided it when you applied for voter registration;
- Your Voter Unique Identifier (VUID), which appears on your voter registration certificate;
- Your first and last name.